Shepparton hosts largest AWBA meeting with special guest, The Hon. Barnaby Joyce, MP – Deputy Prime Minister of Australia
Shepparton, Victoria hosted the July General Meeting of the Australian Water Brokers Association at the Parklake Hotel. The meeting was well attended, with more than 35 members and guests attending from across New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
- Andrew Shields – Manager – River Operations, Goulburn Murray Water
- Joe Banks – Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Shannon Lancaster – Customer Relationship Manager, Goulburn Murray Water
- The Hon. Damian Drum, MP – Member for Murray, Victoria
- The Hon. Barnaby Joyce, MP – Deputy Prime Minister of Australia
The membership and guests heard from and participated in invigorating discussions with all speakers across a wide range of topics. These included current issues potentially facing the 2017/18 water season, broker audits and updates, an overview of the role of Goulburn Murray Water and farm modernisation products.
Mr Drum discussed opportunities and challenges facing the local irrigators and farmers, and opened the flor to discussion on options in moving forward.
The Australian Water Brokers Association members and guest were also thrilled to hear a brief address from The Hon. Barnaby Joyce, MP – Deputy Prime Minister of Austrlia. Mr Joyce discussed self-regulation opportunities, addressed some issues faced over the previous days and opened the floor to questions.
For more information, please contact the AWBA on 1300 568 668 or email us at email@example.com.